Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mass mail restore from archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosschops1

Technical User
Jul 29, 2008
GB
I would like to know how i retrieve ALL archived messages from all dates into ALL mailboxes on an exchange server.
If a browse the latest data that allows me to retrieve all the previous archive jobs data and if i chose all data before a certain date then that only goes back one day to the previous restore operation.
Surely there is a way to select all messages that reside on the maglib and restore them in one hit.

Thanks in advance

Mosschops1,

You will only have the ability to go to to the last index creation time, when you view the archive history how frequently were you creating an index? There should be a colum telling you when the index was created.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.
I cant see an index column but im guessing one is created each time an archive operation is ran, which is daily.
Maybe a weekly archive would be a better option.
Youve put my mind at rest though, thanks

Hi Mosschops1
to browse across mutiple indexes you can you use the search/find option instead of the browse, my opinion not as nice as the browse feature but we have had to do this for some customers that has lets some rules "run wild" :)
rgds rod

The problem now is that even though i selected 'Unconditional Overwrite' as a recovery option, the users now have the original stub and also the recovered mail in their mailboxes. Some even have the recovered message duplicated also.
Shouldn't this option replace the stub with the recovered item?

I think the stub is for user directed restores
IE: they click on it and it initiates the restore and thus replaces the stub.
If the backup admin restores it, it would make sense that the stub remains as they are 2 different file/msg types.

I do not have email archiving installed but from what I have read about it this true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back