Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mass Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

robakabobbo

Technical User
Mar 14, 2013
US
For whatever reason, we feel the need for everyone to have music on hold, internally. I need to change the mrt to 30 and SMB to allowed. Is there a way I can send this out to all phones in one shot?

What is SMB? Internal music is done in the CDB. Are you going to use an existing Music Route?

I have a music rout of 30. I was looking through the cs1k web url, thats where they prefer their changes to be made. SO I set MRT to 30 and SMB from denied to allowed and this enabled music to a few headsets that we did this on. Is there another or better way of doing this?

Are these IP phones? Where are you seeing this SMB prompt

Pic

7.6 interface. Under each phone These are 3904s but would included ip hones as well. I feel it's wasteful since we're moving to IPO later this year. Leadership wants, leadership gets.

I certainly thought you could just do it in the Customer Data Block

LD 15

REQ: CHG Change.
TYPE: CDB
FTR
Customer Data Block
Features and options
CUST Customer number
0-99 Range for Large System and Avaya Communication
Server 1000E (Avaya CS 1000E) system.
0-31 Range for Small System and Avaya CS 1000 Media
Gateway 1000B (Avaya MG 1000B).
- MUS (NO) YES Enhanced music for telephones.
- MUSR 0-511 Music route for telephones.
Music, Enhanced

I'm guessing you are using Set Based Administration? I have no idea on that piece. I thought you could just do it in the CDB and it would work for all internal calls

This is what shows up on the system:

Type: Avaya Communication Server 1000M Single Group PIV
Version: 3521
Release: 765 P +

I'm still not familiar with that SMB prompt or where you are seeing it. Seems like you are using some type of GUI interface, not command line.

It is in a gui/url. I dont understand the commands how to do that portion. Like I understand ld 20 stuff, 23 etc. But this ld 15, it'll come up with :

AML_DATA
ANI_DATA
ATT_DATA
AWU_DATA ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back