Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Masquerade ONLY Envelope Sender

Status
Not open for further replies.

mburgoon

Programmer
Apr 26, 2010
US
I am running sendmail as an SMTP server on port 25. I have several clients with their own domain that use this SMTP server to send emails. As a value added feature, I manage bouncebacks for my clients thus I am implementing masquerading with my sendmail config.

The only problem is that I need the FROM address to be my client's domain (so they can receive replies) and the RETURN-PATH (envelope address) to be my address (so I receive the bounces). For example:

RETURN-PATH: me@mydomain.com

Here are my relevant entries in my MC file I used to create my sendmail config file:
---
MASQUERADE_AS(`mydomain.com')dnl
FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')dnl
FEATURE(`masquerade_entire_domain')dnl
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/masquerade-domains')dnl
---
The /etc/mail/masquerade-domains files contains a list of domains that use my SMTP server.

Again the issue I am having is that BOTH the FROM and RETURN-PATH are being masqueraded. Everything I've found states that masquerading by default applies to the header address (i.e. the FROM) and the masquerade_envelope feature will also apply to the envelope address (i.e. the RETURN-PATH).

Is there anyway I can masquerade ONLY the envelope (i.e. the RETURN-PATH) but not the header address (i.e. the FROM)???

Thank you, any help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back