Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Masking URLs

Status
Not open for further replies.

celieb

Technical User
Jul 26, 2004
GB
Hi

I have a URL which is re-directing to my web space. I have set all the links on my site to have a target of self so that they are loading in the original window and this seems to keep this URL in the address bar.

However, on the bottom of the browser window, the address of my web space for each page is showing rather than the original URL.

I am unsure of the best way of masking URLs. I would try frames but am struggling with those even. Any help on setting up frames for masking URLs and alternative ways of masking my web space URL would be much appreciated.

If I have set up a frameset which loads the index page as a frame, how do I get the pages which are linked to within that index page to load into that same frameset...very confused!!

Where do I set the URL in a frameset?!

C

What are you trying to achieve? Masking URL's is a favourite of phishing scams so explain please

Cheech

[Peace][Pipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back