Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Masking dynamic text.. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktorncoat

Programmer
Dec 2, 2004
IL
Hello,

I have a movie clip that shows a masked static text. It works fine, but I want it to be modular and the text to be a parameter to be changed using smart clip parameters.. but when I change the static text to dynamic, the masking effect doesnt happen.
Is there a way to go around this, and to enable masking for dynamic text?

Thanks,
Y.

When under a mask, or when manipulating dynamic text (fade, tween, rotation, etc...), the font used needs to be embedded, for it to work.
Hit the Character tab in the textfield's properties, and select Embed All (or just a range of charracters...)...
Static text automatically embeds the font's outlines, but the default for dynamic text, is not embedded. You have to manually embed it.

Regards. Affiliate Program - Web Hosting - Web Design
After 25,000 posts, banned on FK, but proud not to have bowed down to them!

Hi Oldnewbie and thanks for your answer..

I embedded the text using all the latin glyphs, and then returned the Mask.. but when I activate it - it still doesnt work, and I just see the effect behind the mask,and no text..

If I remove the mask, I can see the dynamic test..

Thanks for helping.
Y.

Hmm..no.. I am using a regular dynamic text box, to which I assign the string "Try" (no tags).. The font is a regular "Times new Roman".. And i embed all the uppercase,lowercase,numerals, and latin fonts.. just to be sure.

No matter how I play with it, i cant make the dynamic text a mask..

Thanks,

Y.

Can you post a link to your .fla (or a simple mockup one replicating the problem...), zipped up and saved in a MX only format, not MX2004?

You'd have a better chance of getting an answer if your .fla was in a MX only format, and zipped up.

You would have to save a copy of your MX2004 .fla, (using Save as...) and changing the Document type to MX only in the Save as... window.

Or mail it to me... Hit my handle above for an address.

Regards. Affiliate Program - Web Hosting - Web Design
After 25,000 posts, banned on FK, but proud not to have bowed down to them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back