Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Masking Dragable 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSponge

Technical User
Jul 2, 2003
GB
Hello, Im very new to Flash so please bear with me.

I have just started experimenting with masks, I tried to make the circle graphic on the masked layer dragable, but when I test the movie, the mouse appears to the above left of the centre of the graphic?? the graphic moves, but I want it to be centered...I clicked snap to center, but that didnt work, I also aligned everything center to the stage?

Thanks

I also noticed, that in a fla I downloaded, the target on the startdrag could be found with a name, Mine doesnt have a name? should it? it just says this!!!

Please Help

startDrag(target,[lock ,left , top , right, bottom])

Parameters

target The target path of the movie clip to drag.

lock A Boolean value specifying whether the draggable movie clip is locked to the center of the mouse position (true), or locked to the point where the user first clicked on the movie clip (false). This parameter is optional.

left, top, right, bottom Values relative to the coordinates of the movie clip's parent that specify a constraint rectangle for the movie clip. These parameters are optional.

Thanks, (I didnt see an option to lock in GUI?)

So I`ll do this instead, thankyou

While Im on the Subject, Where is the Target?? My Graphic doesnt show in the list when I press the target symbol? It just says `this` ??

Thankyou

"this" refers to the object the AS is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back