Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Masking an Animation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SciFiSi

Technical User
Dec 30, 2000
GB
Hi

I'm struggling ! If you have a little time to help start by having a look at The source code and the swf file is there.
What I am trying to do is get the graded box to appear just under the mask. but it won't. The block follows a path and I have made the block and the path a "movie symbol"
In the movie I have 3 layers the top and bottom are identical. the top layer is to be a mask, but when I try to make it a mask the middle layer (the animation) won't show through?

I know this description is vague, but a picture paints a thousand words. So please take a look at the .fla

Thanks
Simon

HI
Tried taking your approach but didn't have any luck either. However, if you take a different stance to masking you can achieve the proper results. I knocked this up for you to have a look at :

...and if you think it looks promising just grab the .fla at:

Let me know here if it helps.
dD davdesign@hotmail.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks Dave

What a simple solution, but so effective

Thanks Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back