Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Masking a inputbox response 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WZUP

Programmer
Apr 21, 2003
US

Is there a way to mask (*) the characters typed into a inputbox without having to create a form to act as one?

Pretty sure there isn't a way of doing it.

[gray]Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.[/gray]

IMHO it would take less time to build one with a form then what you are spending to research a ready-built solution.

>IMHO it would take less time to build one with a form then what you are spending to research a ready-built solution.

Yes, I also agree. There is an example on how to do that in the posted link.

Click on your control (inputbox) and look into the "Proerties" window. There is a property called "PasswordChar". Put a "*" in here and from now on all characters typed into your inputbox will appear as a *.

SBerthold..Thanks for the link. Kinda of like using a
bazooka to kill a fly but nice to now if needed.

Or perhaps a pre-cooked 22 pound (10 kilo) ham to crush garlic. I don't believe in killing any of God's creatures, even a mosquito. Unless, of course, he is bothering me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back