Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MaskEdBox question

Status
Not open for further replies.

docrosen

Programmer
Jan 19, 2003
US
I have run into the following problem: I have 2 MaskEdBox's (in a control array) in a PictureBox on a Form. The 1st MaskEdBox has data, the 2nd is empty. I want the user to be able to copy data from the 1st and paste it into the 2nd.

When I highlight the 1st MaskEdBox's data with the keyboard (Shift+End) and copy it using the keyboard (Ctrl+Insert), and move the focus to the 2nd to paste it (Shift-Insert) -- it works fine. If the data lacks literals, they are inserted in the paste operation.

When I highlight the same data with the mouse, right-click 'Copy' and right-click 'Paste' over the 2nd MaskEdBox, the data will appear (but without literal characters unless they have been included in the string that was copied). When I move the focus, however, whatever was pasted in the 2nd MaskEdBox disappears!

I wish to make the mouse actions identical to the keyboard. Any suggestions, anyone?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back