Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Masked Edit Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mavors

Programmer
Aug 28, 2000
US
Hello everyone.

I am trying to use the DataSource and Datafield properties of this control. Using the ADO control to open a recordset I am binding the mask edit text box to the ADO control. I have a problem though with the bind and get an error. I am connecting to an Access database if that is any help.

Example.
-I have a birthdate field that is datatype: Date/Time.
-the mask on the control = "##/##/####"
-I first set the DataSource equal to adocontrol.recordset
-the error occurs when I set the Datafield property

Trying different ways has given me limited success. I tried to set the field in access to just a text with the date entered ie: 07/21/1985. This works great on fixing the bind, but the value in the textbox only changes from 07/21/1985 when the records have entries into them. Meaning on the record change 07/21/1985 will show in the textbox till another record has another date. Empty fields always show the previous date.

Been workin on this one way too long and hope someone might have some ideas on a fix.

Thanx in advance.
Mavors
Cincinnati, Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back