Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mask/Display Outgoing Number 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmikeinga

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2004
Hi all. I've searched and cannot find what I am looking for. I'm sure it is becuase I am not quite sure what to search for.

We have the IP500 and we want the number in which our employees call from to display a specific way on the receiveing end of the call. Right now, all outgoing calls show our main number, whether the call was originated from the sales side or the support side, even though we have separate Hunt Groups.

For example. Let's say our main number is 555-555-1234 and this is the number that is always displayed on the receiving end regardless which department the call originated from. Although this is our main number we want all out bound calls to show 444-444-1234 for sales and 333-333-1234 for support.

What would be even better would be if we could mask a name instead of a number such as "sales" and "support"

Thanks for your support.

if you have PRI in the US you can change the outbound CLID to be what ever you want by altering the out bound number with Si"xxxxxxxxxx" either in ARS or on the corisponding shortcodes...

if you give the release of your system I will give taliored examples

but the short of it is
you need to alter the diald number to include the caller ID that you want

if Pre ARS
you can use the USER Shortcode
Code Action Number line Group
9N; Dial NSi4444441234 0(or apropreate LG

if you are using DIDs and your DIDs corispond to your ext number you can Add E to the string as well

so the number sent becomes
for BOB at ex 231
his short code contains NSi4444441E
that would send N ( the number dialed ) then it would augment the CLID to be 444-444-1231 ) as an example...

good luck

oops I reread your post you said IP500
so you have user rights

while the above example is still valid
you can do this quickly to all the affected users using user rights ( add all sales to one user rights group and add the short code there)

Dave

You can't alter the name. The provider can set only one name. You can send two different VALID DID numbers from different groups. There are a few ways to do that but perhaps the best way is like vid151 typed. Create two templates and assign those to the correct groups users. Within the template - o.k. user rights - add all dialout short codes tailored with the correct ID info.

thanks for the responses but i do not know how to create an template and assign it and then do the shortcodes. any help would be great.

thanks

Find an Avaya business partner. Most guys on here don't mind helping out to a point, but we're taking food off our tables to explain the entire process of programming an IP Office.

ok. i created a user rights form. created the shortcode per vid151's reply made the rights available and applied it to the extension. When i try to make a call from that extension the call does not go through. this is what i have tried. to get dial tone we dial 8

Code Action Number line Group
8N; Dial NSi4444441234 0
and Nsi4444441234

8N; Dial3k1 NSi4444441234 0
and Nsi4444441234

Our ARS is setup as follows and i tried that way too but no dial tone

Code Number Feature line Group
N; NSi5552223434 Dial3k1 0

I did not create an ARS template.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search