Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mask an incoming call

Status
Not open for further replies.

keat63

Technical User
Nov 12, 2010
GB
Running CCM V4, is it possible to mask an incoming call with a name or string.

Say for instance, one of our regular customers call, rather than displaying his number on the phone display, it displays his business name instead ?

1. Why are you still on Call Manager version 4?

2. Doesn't the Business Name already display via callerid?

Hi Brian

We are still on V4 because we inherited the system when we moved into this building about 3 years ago. We have no contract with Cisco or third party, and although i'm a 20 year techy veteran, i've had no formal training or long term working experience with Cisco, so even if an upgrade were free (which i doubt), I'm not sure that i'd want to risk breaking a fully functional system.

As for caller ID, this is coming through as a number. I was just wondering if there was a table anywhere, where I could populate frequent numbers with names ?

What type of trunks do you have going into your system?
Does your provider send name and number? If so as long as your gateway is mgcp then both will display.
There is no way in the phone system to manually do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back