Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAS90 passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

soverfield

IS-IT--Management
Feb 15, 2002
US
Good Morning,
One of my AP people wants to lookup an invoice in our old accounting system, MAS90. I set up a Win95 box to run MAS90, the problem is nobody can remember their password. Is there a way to recover lost passwords?

Call Best directly. 800-854-3415. They will fax an authorization form for an authorized signor of the company to complete and fax back. They will then walk you through a back door.

Were you ever able to get your passwords? We are in the same boat. I tried to call Best Software, and they simply told me that the no longer support that product and cannot help me at all. We have not used Mas90 for years, but of course are in need of some information that did not appear to get exported into our new system. Thanks,

-Todd

Learn Windows 2003 Server Videos:

That's strange. There are around 70,000 installs of MAS90. I wonder why they are not supporting it. They still sell it.

If you have not used the software in years, the data probably is not relevent anymore.

I would reinstall your version of MAS 90 on a test server and then copy all data folders that begin with a module code and proceed with a company code into that new installation’s MAS 90 folder.

For example: Your old install had company code TST. In that company code you used Sales Order, AR, GL, and IM. You should be able to find the following directories in your MAS 90 data directory:

ARTST
SOTST
GLTST
IMTST

In your “fresh install” of MAS 90, create a TST Company Code. Once it’s created, copy the above directories into the data directory of the “fresh install.”

Since you will be doing this on a test machine, you can take your time with it and learn about the data.

I always make a redundant backup of the original data whenever I do something like this. You never know what could happen…

Anyone have luck getting into the "backdoor" of MAS90? I'm also in the same boat, need to workaround an ex-employee password. I've had zero luck trying to get any support via phone/email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back