Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAS90, FRx and Account/Transaction attributes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtherBinky

Technical User
Jun 15, 2006
US
I'm trying to use Transaction Attributes in FRx rows but I'm not having any luck.

These attributes will allow me to select specific data based on fields like posting comment, source journal, register no, etc.

In the FRx documentation it says "if your accounting system supports attributes..." then you can use them. Our MAS90 appears to support them since they show up in the row modifier drop down list selection boxes.

Everything sets up fine but when attributes are added to select specific data that I know is in the MAS90 database nothing is ever returned.

Has anyone used these FRx row attributes before?

Thanks.

Hi,

I use transaction attributes for FRx.

I use them in the column set up. In the column detail I use the Type as T_ATTR (Transaction Attribute) and for the book code I use posting comment.

This was to replace the posting comment that is not present in the newer version of MAS 90/200.

Will this work for yours? Or what exactly are you trying to do?

Todd

In the Row layout of a report I'm trying to not only select certain GL accounts but narrow down the selection even more in certain rows using these transaction attributes.

From Row format => link to GL => row modifier => I then enter in type = "T" and select a category I want to select on. The actual category values I want to select on are entered in the "from" and "to" fields.

FRx stores my setup like this:
(4520 TO 4520), /ATTR:T.Source Journal=GJ, T.Register No=000853

I enter a specific source journal and register number that I know is in the database but nothing is displayed when the Row is processed from Catalog of Reports. I've tried other categories and values but still no luck.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back