Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAS90 error 11 Record not found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2009
MX
Hello there
I have 2 companies created in MAS90 and with one I'm having problems with error 11 Record not found on program POWDBA line 0270 any idea on how to get rid of the error? I've already rebuild the PO module and have same error the error shows me a "Record:J/CTDP2 is missing from SY0CTL.soa and only option is end retry or info of course that doesn't work.
I don't have a recent copy of the SYOCTL.SOA file to start the most recent is almost 3 years old and I know it was a clean "No error" file. can I just go ahead and replace it what do you guys recommend?

actually I don't know for sure I believe it's 3.6 how do I found out wich version I'm running?

If I'm looking in the right part in the error itself under the info block it shows "Purchase Order (3.70)" is this the actual version I'm running?

If you go to File, Run and enter *INFO and accept it will tell you the version.

In the company you are getting this error message in, was this created by a copy process? Do you use Job Cost in this company?

if it's done through the Mas90 File run utility it shows me the serial number 0500-001-0504773 is this what you meant?
by the way we can chat directly if you want through hotmail
my handle is j_luis_nnz68 at hotmail dot com

MAS 90 Level 3.70 - REV 0602 I believe this is the right information that you asked for.

v3.70? You really need to upgrade as help on that release level is about to end. You did not answer the two other questions.

1.Was this company created through Company Copy
2.Do you use Job Cost in this company.

on the questions mention above the answers are as follow:
1.-have no idea this company has been used through the system way before I started working here and that's 7 years ago.
2.-no we don't use Job Cost in this company just the modules of PO and inventory master the job cost is not even set up.

Error 11 SY_SESSION 1228 "Record P/Oxxx1 is missing from Sy0ctl.soa" occurs when launching Sage MAS 90 or 200 (xxx = company code).

Possible Resolution:
..\Mas90\Soa\Sy0ctl.soa is damaged. Restore, repair, or replace the file.
How to repair, rebuild, restore, or replace SY0CTL.SOA in Sage MAS 90 or Sage MAS 200
Entry Type: Informational

Product: Sage MAS 90 and Sage MAS 200 ERP

Application: Library Master / System Setup

Version Reported: 3.30 - 3.71

Subject:
How to repair, rebuild, restore, or replace SY0CTL.SOA in Sage MAS 90 or 200

Possible Resolutions:
Note: When this file becomes damaged, underlying cause(s) should be determined prior to or after applying the suggested workarounds below. Obtain all necessary information from the Installation Troubleshooting Templates on the Sage Software web site in order to properly determine probable causes of damage to this file. If this is a recurring problem, keep an undamaged backup copy of SY0CTL.SOA in the ..\Mas90\Soa directory for ease of replacement. Be sure to update the backup every time Sage MAS 90 is upgraded to a new version.

Select one of the below procedures (listed in order of preference):

Rename and restore ..\Mas90\Soa\SY0CTL.SOA from a backup.

Note: Be sure the backup is the exact same version as the file being replaced. (e.g. do not replace SY0CTL.SOA for Sage MAS 90 3.61 with a backup from Sage MAS 90 3.60 or prior.
Note: Sage Software Customer Support is not responsible for assisting with this procedure. Assistance by a qualified computer technician may be necessary.

Rebuild SY0CTL with SVXBLD.
Have all users exit Sage MAS 90.
Open Windows Explorer and go to ..\Mas90\Home
Double-click PVXWIN32.EXE (or right-click the file and select 'Open').
Click the 'Ok' button on the splash screen. A blank screen with a 'Greater Than' ( > ) prompt should appear.
Type RUN "SVXBLD" (with the quotes) and press 'Enter'. SVXBLD should open.
Select SY0CTL.SOA and follow the instructions.
Rename SY0CTL.SOA and reinstall Library Master and all modules.
Note: Before proceeding, print the 'Install Applications' listing and 'Product Registration'. If modifications or enhancements to Sage MAS 90 have been made by a third party Master Developer, the consult the Master Developer before performing this task.
Rename ..\Mas90\Soa\SY0CTL.SOA.
Reinstall Library Master only.
Note: If desired, all other modules can also be installed if testing the new SY0CTL is not necessary.
Start Sage MAS 90 to verify that the error no longer occurs. If the error has been resolved, exit Sage MAS 90 and reinstall all other modules listed in the 'Installed Applications' listing.
Start Sage MAS 90.
Re-enter company codes in 'Company Maintenance' to relink data files.
Re-register all applications, including 'System Activation', in 'Product Registration'.
Reenter any other customizations necessary, depending on the installation.
Note: Be sure to reinstall the correct version of Sage MAS 90. Edit Ssread.txt and Lmread.txt in ..\Mas90\Soa to determine the last version installed. Every module has its own XXREAD.TXT file in the ..\Soa directory (xx=application, e.g. AR, GL). Be careful not to install a prior version of SS, LM or any of the modules or more errors will occur.
Change the terminal ID (TID) for that workstation in ..\Mas90\Home\FID0MAP.INI.
Note: This may not be applicable for all errors or issues. Use this method only if errors occur at one workstation which indicates a damaged TID record in SY0CTL.
Note: This is only a workaround for the error. It does not repair the damaged record. The SY0CTL is still damaged and should be repaired or replaced.
Open ..\Mas90\Home\FID0MAP.INI.
Locate the computer name for that workstation.
Copy the entire line to the bottom of the list.
Change the TID Number in the original line to a previously unused number between 101 and 400.
Change the 'Computer Name' on the copied line to a computer name that is not used on the network (e.g. "xxxxx"). This will prevent Sage MAS 90 from automatically assigning that terminal ID number to a new workstation.
Save and close FID0MAP.INI.
Start Sage MAS 90 from that workstation.
Verify that Sage MAS 90 prompts for the 'Company Code' during startup. This will indicate that Sage MAS 90 has no record of this TID.
If the 'Company Code' prompt does not appear, close Sage MAS 90 and select a different TID for the workstation.
Note: If the Company Code prompt does not appear, the TID is either being used by another workstation or has been used in be past and was replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back