Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAS90 4.05 Database Questions 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasData

Programmer
Aug 13, 2007
US
I am glad to see so many people are involved with MAS90. I am new to MAS90 and I want to know If I am working with the right Database tables. The version I am working on is MAS90 4.05. I need to export some data to our web site's database. I need customer information, produce information and inventory information and price. I am taking "AR1_CustomerMaster" for customer info, "IM1_InventoryMasterfile", "IM2_InventoryItemWhseDetl" and "IM3_ItemCosting" inventory information and pricing info. Am I heading the right direction? Also, I need to post the sale order from my web site back to MAS90's database. Can I insert data into the MAS90 Database using a VB and the MAS90 ODBC without using Visual Integrator. we really don't have a budget for VI.

Thanks for your helps!
Joseph

You are going to have to pay for something.

1) If you stay at 4.05 you are going to have to use either VI or the bar code module to import. You cannot use VB. So you are going to have to pay for a module and setup time.
2) If you upgrade to 4.20 you can use VB to write to the data entry files but you are going to have to pay for the upgrade and then go to class to learn how to use the Business Object Interface and write to the data entry files.

So no matter what you do, you are going to have to pay for something. Get a bigger budget.

Big Louie is right on the money here.

This is a pet peeve of mine. A company won't pay for a product because it costs too much. But how much will they pay for not buying the product? Probably a lot more.

As a VB Programmer, theoretically I can do anything and I do move data from MAS90 into Excel and other applications all the time. But I would NEVER even for a second consider moving data into MAS90 without VI, because it does all the validation and makes sure all the related data files are populated. And I would be in giant big trouble if I corrupted the MAS90 files.

Get them to buy VI. It can't cost that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back