Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAS200 TCP/IP Connection Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

rshendrix

MIS
Mar 5, 2002
Get the following message when trying to run MAS200 - TCP/IP Connection Failure. Unable to connect to server. TCP/IP is not configured or setup properly. Consult your system administrator for assistance.

This just started occuring out of the blue on one workstation.

-No other network connectivity on this PC is having problems
-Can ping db server by name and IP
-Can ping this workstation from MAS200 db server
-Spyware/Malware scanning comes back with nothing
-Already reset TCP/IP
-Have removed/reinstalled MAS200

Any suggestions?

When you reinstalled, did you completely delete all files in the install folder before reinstalling?

Check the contents of the sota.ini file in the launcher folder. It will take the form:

[SQL]
DSN=MASSQL
[Servers]
1=servername;9455;APS=BEST;APPLICATION=MAS 200;Path=\\servername\serverpath\MAS90\

[Active Server]
servername;9455;\\servername\serverpath\MAS90\

Note in my case, I call out a different port than standard. You should know which port you are using. You can also use the IP directly in the ini.

[SQL]
DSN=MASSQL
[Servers]
1=10.3.2.3;9455;APS=BEST;APPLICATION=MAS 200;Path=\\servername\serverpath\MAS90\

[Active Server]
10.3.2.3;9455;\\servername\serverpath\MAS90\

The first time I reinstalled I did not delete all of the files in the install folder. Have done that on two more uninstall/reinstall attempts since.

Have compared contents of the sota.ini file with other workstations that have no problems. Can find no differences.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Question, how many users? How is MAS being run, service or application? On the work station are you using the server name or IP address during work station setup?

Around 30 users. I'm very new in supporting this system so I'm not sure how to answer the service or application question. It is setup like a client/server application to the best of my knowledge. The server name is being used in the workstation setup.

For MAS200 it is best if you run it as an application on the server. Less connection problems. Also when running work station setup you should be using the IP address and NOT the server name. Again less connection problems.On how to run as an application should be in the documentation or you can contact your reseller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back