Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAS / MSS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbobbyc718

Technical User
Apr 15, 2005
US
The messages that are left for end users what kind of file are they in; e.g. wav file,text file or ..

Thanks,
Rob

On the MAS with exchange they are .wav files. Not sure on the MSS thought.

RTMCKEE

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

I understand that end users can listen to their messages from there PC is there any special software that they need loaded on their PC?

Thanks,

The format out of the box without conversion is a proprietary codec used by avaya tagged .lvp

The voice player that is linked above can convert the message from .lvp to .wav.

Ok I have a question regarding this thread.

I have over 300 field agents and they all have the new Sprint Pocket PCs PDA 6700 which they receive their emails but they would also like to get their Audix messages without using the Outcalling. They can see the message through outlook but can not play the message because they Avaya never came out with a program to play for PDAs. Is there a way to save these emails that are comming in as LVP and have them come in as WAV files right off the bat so user can play the message?

I know it's a long shout but I figured i try with you guys
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back