Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAS backups to MSS failing with user id or password error

Status
Not open for further replies.

rejackson

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2005
US
I dont know how long this has been going on. It may have never worked. The backup process has the VMD-Domain login info that works on the MAS but it that correct? Seems like it is logging into the MSS to do the backup. Should it be using a login defined on the MSS? If so where? I found the MAS host setup page but that looks like it is info for the MSS to log into the MAS.

What is your software version ?

A backup runs nightly on the MAS that is backed up the MSS and then the MSS backs all of that up at 3:05 AM or when you set it to backup to DVD or FTP site.

It really depends on your setup but from the MAS you should be able to log on to the MSS and see the shared folders

See file

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Hi Ken,

MM 5.2

I just expanded the date columns in the task scheduler and it has not run in a very long time. The runas field has it using the user id for the MAS. I have reentered the password but it seems like it should be using a user id on the MSS that it is backing up to.

ScreenShot002_lmcncq.jpg

It should use what ever ou use to log into the MAS

Ken Means

OK I have re-entered the password on both of those tasks. I will have to wait until tomorrow to see if they ran.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Did you look a the file I uploaded ? It shows the screen to enter the info in the MSS

Ken Means

Thanks all, It is working now. It must not have ever had the correct login information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back