Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAS 90 VI Payroll Import Job Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

giganteface

Technical User
Jan 6, 2011
US
Hi, I’m attempting to create a Visual Integrator job in MAS 90 in order to import payroll information into the PR.DATAENT table; we have a separate system that our users use to clock in and out every day and I’m exporting a csv file from this system for use with my new Visual Integrator job. I’m using the Header Information Included in Detail Line option in the Configuration tab of the job. My csv file contains fields for direct population of the EMPLOYEE_NO, DEPARTMENT_NO, DEPARTMENT_CODE, EARNINGS_CODE, HOURS_RECPT_AMT, LINE_TYPE, CHECK_ENTRY_NO, MANUAL_TAXES, AUTO_DEDUCTION, PRINT_CHECK, and STATE_CODE fields; in case it’s relevant I should note that I’m populating the last six of these fields with the same value for each employee, i.e. a static value (specifically the values I’m using for these last six fields are E, 1, N, Y, Y, and TX, respectively). In addition, I’ve figured out how to use File Assign and Calculated fields in Visual Integrator in order to also populate the DIRECT_DEPOSIT, EARNINGS_MULT, RATE, AMOUNT, LABOR_DIST_CODE, WORK_COMP_CODE, and EARNING_TYPE fields dynamically at runtime for each employee. I’m only importing earnings, not deductions.

My one remaining field, and the one I’m having a problem with, is the DIRECT_DEP_AMT field; I’d like it to total all of the AMOUNT values for all lines for each employee if and only if the DIRECT_DEPOSIT field equals Y, but there doesn’t seem to be any way to do this (I can enter the conditional part of this statement as a Condition on a Calculated field, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to sum the AMOUNT values). It looks like MAS 90 automatically takes the total of all of the AMOUNT values for all lines and then subtracts the DIRECT_DEP_AMT field for each employee in order to populate the Check Amount field (and the Net Result field) with the net result. This means that, if I were to get this field working the way described above, when DIRECT_DEP_AMT equals the total of all of the AMOUNT values the Check Amount would come out to 0, and when DIRECT_DEP_AMT equals 0 the Check Amount would come out to the total of each employee’s AMOUNT values. This is exactly what I want, I just can’t figure out how to get the DIRECT_DEP_AMT field populated with the appropriate amount.

Furthermore, even if I do get the DIRECT_DEP_AMT field populated as described above I still am pretty sure I wouldn’t get the result I’d like/expect once I run the Visual Integrator job and have it calculate automatic payroll deductions; in that case I believe MAS 90 will take the total of all AMOUNT values, including negative deduction values, subtract them from my static DIRECT_DEP_AMT value, and end up with a negative Net Result and Check Amount value equal to total deductions for each employee, which is obviously all wrong. Thus, I think I must be going about attempting to populate the DIRECT_DEP_AMT field all wrong, but it doesn’t seem to be populated automatically by itself and I need it populated for our employees on direct deposit (which is just about all of them).

I have no documentation for Visual Integrator, so I figured all this out on my own by trial and error and searching the Internet; however, I just can’t seem to figure out how to get this one field working like I need it to. I know this is a pretty long post, but is there anyone here who might be able to help with this issue? I basically determined what I needed populated by looking at the PR6_PayrollDataEntryHeader and PR7_PayrollDataEntryLine tables via ODBC after we had entered all line information manually (the way we currently do it), but maybe this was an incorrect path to take. Thanks for your help!

Never mind I figured it out, it turns out DIRECT_DEP_AMT isn't populated until after you run tax calculation for payroll, so this whole time I've been testing all I needed to do was not populate this field and run tax calculation and I would have seen it was automatically populated. Thanks anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back