Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAS 90 Price Level Discount

Status
Not open for further replies.

amaxgirl

Technical User
Dec 5, 2008
US
I am trying to set up a discount rate for customers in MAS 90. In the customer maintenance tab, there is a discount rate field and a price level field. I set up a discount rate of 10% and tried entering an order. The 10% discount rate did not apply. I then set up prive levels, A = 10% discount, B = 20% discount, etc. I entered another order and the price level "A" shows up in the order but does not discount the line item. The line item does have a standard price associated with it.

However, if I go into item pricing maintenance, select customer price schedule and then select a customer and associtate a discount with a qty. level. The discount will take affect on the sales order.

I do not want to go item by item. I want to apply a general discount for customers that will take affect on all parts.

What is the difference between discount and price level?

Can someone help?

Thanks,
Adrian

With my tech hat on: it sounds like you want to use Price Codes (I/M, Setup, Price Code maintenance). This allows you to have up to 36 price levels per price code. One price code per item. One price level per customer. It takes creativity to apply it correctly. Work out your ideas in a spreadsheet first. For ongoing maintenance, use Visual Integrator.

With my consulting hat on: a good pricing system always remains sensitive to changing costs (your cost to make or buy the item). Know your costs and establish pricing from there. Price Codes can also be established based on cost markup percentages.

Another approach would be to use User-Defined Tables for discount promotions. This could then be applied at the customer or item level. This can be a good option if prices are changing a lot. It can be custom configured in a way that would be more flexible and less cumbersome to maintain going forward.

Drew Storm
MBSG

"Life is more important than...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back