Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAS 200 ODBC driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

yipster

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2005
US
Is there a way to setup MAS 200 ODBC driver to speed up Crystal Reports printing over a WAN. I search over a the internet and cannot find anything. Would anyone know?

Much thanks,

-y

What SOTAMAS driver are you using? What version of MAS200? We are running 4.05 with provideX ver. 3.33 and some reports are slow.

There is a Client Server ODBC driver in 4.10 but there is no documentation yet.
I called Sage Software & they told me that you install the client on the server so the ODBC driver will be installed.
Type your server's name and the default port # is 20222.

I am not sure of the aptitude of this particular tech support rep but I am going to try it out today.

Rav

If this is a providex database, get used to it. It is just slow. If you are running MS SQL Server however then you should be blazing.

So which are you running? You sidestepped HiTechFred's direct question on this.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Yea I found out how to get this up and running. This works great, all my reports are 80% faster than before.

Reports comes up in 20 secs over wan before it took like 2 mins and longer.

ypister,

So what was the problem and the solution? Without providing this info, this thread is meaningless to anyone searching in the future that has the same problem you had.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

the server needed to be started at all times. just make a shortcut and drop it into the startup folder and it starts up automatically. hopes sages make a service for this and that would be great.

I guess he was using 4.10 and started using the server side driver. BTW: it does run as a service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back