Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Marty5261 Help on Phaser 740 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacardi412

Technical User
Jan 21, 2004
US
I read in some other threads where you discuss replacing the Accumulator clutch (error 32. We already tried a new imaging unit and now we get to tackle this thing. How easy/difficult is it to replace. Where is it also? The service manual doesnt really help you out too much.

Thanks in advance for any help you give!

Bacardi

The clutch is not real difficult to replace. The only thing is to make sure it is not installed 180 degress out of phase. The clutch can be accessed from the rear behind the engine board which must be removed as well as the cleaning board, its a small assy directly behind the clutch. Remove the imaging unit(iu) to access the shaft attatched to the clutch. The shaft sits directly in front of the iu and has 2 black lobes/cams on it. Remove the e-clip on the front of the shaft and slide the bushing off then slide the rear bushing forward and you should be able to remove the entire shaft with the clutch still attached out through the rear. Remove the clutch and make note that the raised catches on the clutch should roughly line up with the cams on the shaft, if not this is where the 180 phase shift will cause problems. Be careful of the pin in the shaft when the clutch is removed that it does not get lost, this locks the clutch in position. Once the clutch is replaced on the shaft you can re-install the shaft assy. As a note the cleaning board is what ativates the clutch and i have not seen these go bad very often but keep in mind the possibility is there. Hope this helps, its been awile since I replaced one.

Thanks Marty. As soon as it comes in I'll try and tackle it. I appreciate all the info and I'll let you know how things go!

Bacardi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back