Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MARP questions 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bad69cat

IS-IT--Management
May 28, 2010
US
Another newbie question! Searching hasn't turned up the info...How do you force a MARP on a particular set. I changed out a set (from 2616 to a 3904) but when I outted the 2616 it must have reassigned the MARP to a key appearance on another set..? How can I move it back to the TN I put the set on? It could get old chasing keys around...probably easy if you know how! Thanks again!

Ahh - thought it should be easy! I'll try to edit it again. I guess I'm not clear on exactly what MARP does, or what all I can use it for. If you have multiple appearances can you have more than one MARP for same DN? Say you wanted to send MWI to more than one set..?

Your MWI lights are controlled by your Voicemail System. For example mine is controlled by CallPilot and I can add DNs to a voice mailbox so I have have the MWI light up on multiple phones.

Thanks Gene, that helps clear up quite a bit! But...I don't get prompted for MARP for some reason? most of the time it automatically assumes it? When I changed the set out I am not getting a message waiting light (using call pilot)maybe i just got a bad set? MWA in in the CLS and it was working before going to the 3904 set. I'll swap it with my set and see if it changes.

When you make a CHG to a phone you have to do this

ITEM key 00 scr XXXX
MARP
----->This is where you type YES for the MARP

When you out a phone it will automatically go to another set because it has to be a MARP somewhere for that extension you outted.

For a new phone
KEY 00 scr XXXX
MARP
YES

Hope this all helps

:>) Dang you guys are good! I knew I was missing something! LOL I'm surprised it would let me build the phone without putting the MARP in - it just does it automagically if the phone doesn't exist elswhere then. Good thing they made it idiot proof or I would be in trouble!

I also figured out that call pilot won't send an MWI if the message is to short...it ignores it. Chased my tail there too. Thanks a ton guys!

KEY 0 scr 6990
HNT FNA
MARP ON TN 004 0 03 13
MARP yes
CPND

Do a change to key 0 and ans. yes at the marp prompt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back