Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Marketing Call Waiting Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanton

Technical User
Aug 2, 2003
US
I am need to write a script that route calls to a greeting base on DNIS. Does anyone have an example?

Callpilot
CC6

If you simply want an external call to come into your system and based on the DNIS get routed to a greeting, there is no scripting involved in terms of CC6.

You would use application builder to build the greeting or menu, go into call pilot SDN, create a new SDN and associate it with that application you built, build a phantom for that SDN so the phone switch recognizes it, and lastly build an IDC entry to point the DNIS number to the SDN.

If the call is already queued in the marketing skillset and you want some sort of hold message, you're going to need scripting within that CDN to take the call out of CC6 and over to call pilot to give the hold message. This part I can't really help you with as I'm trying to learn this as well.

Matt
CS1000E VoIP
CCM 6
CallParrot
CallPilot

In my case the call is already queued to a skillset and it would be a hold message base on the DNIS of the callers.

In a script you could simply use the WHERE command. e.g.

WHERE DNIS EQUALS
VALUE (dnis number): EXECUTE treatment 1
VALUE (dnis number): EXECUTE treatment 2
etc

END WHERE

treatment 1 and 2 could be secondary script containing the treatment or a section, or something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back