Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Market Windows server software

Status
Not open for further replies.

serializer

Programmer
May 15, 2006
SE
I have developed a Task scheduler for Windows. I have been selling it for a while. About 50% of customers are from the US. The company is just me.

I feel a strong need for marketing but I don't know how. I have of course been using Google adwords but I find that I want to reach out new ways. My homepage is ranked pretty high on related keywords.

My question is quite open - how can I market my software the best way for a budget of $3000 per month?

If I could get closer to the end user through some reseller or make us of consultants in the field it would be great. Or make popular blogs write about the product. But I do not know where to start. I am a programmer - not the best marketer.

IDK too much about this but perhaps another way to market is through professional contact sites like LinkdIn. A quick search on the site showed that you can "Acquire New Customers for Your Business
Reach your exact audience with LinkedIn Ads. Start with as little as $10/day."

Google ads is great for reaching the end user, but you may reach more stakeholders on LI

Another option might be to hire commission-based sales people?

Just a couple thoughts... Best of Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back