Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

margins, indents, and tabs 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sept2006

Technical User
Sep 6, 2006
CA
Hello,

I need a tutorial on how to set margins, indents, and tabs.
I am sweating here.

Thanks.

Are you talking about Word? If so, say so. If so, it also helps to state what version.

Have you looked in Help?

Have you done any kind of search? Try Google. It comes back with lots of possible sources of information.

What have you actually TRIED?

This site is for IT Professionals. We are not here to hand hold someone trying to learn basic skills in a application. I am not being critical, and we will most certainly help when someone (anyone) asks for assistance or knowledge about a specific problem. However, we are not here to teach anyone a generalized use of an application, or as tutors.

Again, what have YOU tried? If you have a specific question, then by all means ask one.

Gerry
My paintings and sculpture

Hi Gerry,

I am looking for a tutorial (and not tutors)on how to use indentation in Word. It might be basic for you but not for me.
I am preparing an official document where margins, tabs... are important.
I tried many times before posting on this forum. My guesses were not all successful.

thanks.

What on earth do you mean by "guesses"?????? What guesses?

I just looked at your profile. Hmmm...I would not be inclined to consider your total number of postings as "many times".

Yes, it is now basic for me. That is because I looked in Help. I tried to do things. I actually DID stuff to try and learn.

Which is why I asked...what have you tried?

What have you tried - specifically - that did not work the way you wanted it to?

Also - again - I just googled looking for pages on tabs and indents. There are a few.

If I may make a strong suggestion. Learn how to use Styles. Styles are the most powerful of the features in Word. You can set up indents (or tabs) within your styles. Then once they are designed...use them. Then you never have to concern yourself with manually doing indents and tabs again.

Try doing something with intention. if it does not work as you intended, post:

What you intended.
What actually happened.

And ask for help in understanding what was wrong.

As for tutorials? Search for some. And there are a gazillion books out there on Word.

Gerry

Thanks dcompto. Those were ones I found as well. Although I did not post them, as it seemed like a mini-tutorial on how to use Google.

Gerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back