Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Margin differences between VFP 9.0 report and pdf created by XFRX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphcarter

Programmer
Aug 8, 2006
US
There is a difference in my top and bottom margins when I print a report directly from vfp9.0 and when I create a pdf from XFRX. Does anyone know a way to correct this difference? It causes the line and page counts to be different between the two.

I cannot speak to the specifics of XFRX, but I have tried a variety of ways to print out VFP Report Forms reports to PDF files.

I ended up not using a 'tool' such as XFRX, but instead used a PDF 'printer' and merely output the report to that 'printer'. In my particular situation I found the BullZip PDF 'printer' worked the way I needed for my clients.

But in general, the manner in which any PDF 'converter' turns documents out from format A to format B (PDF) is due to how they handle things internally. Those products may or may not allow you to manipulate various parameters.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

There is always the risk of small differences in top and bottom margins. It's got nothing to do with XFRX or even PDF. It comes about because different printer drivers have a different non-printable area at the edges of the sheet.

You could try experimenting with the "Print Area" setting in the Page Layout tab of the report properties. I had the same problem once, and I think I solved it by setting "Printable page" (but I'm not sure about that, so try the other setting as well).

If that doesn't work, the only recourse is to design the report with generous top and bottom margins.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips, training, consultancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back