Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilene

Programmer
Aug 13, 2002
US
HELP! I'M DESPARATE!

I have added a new field to database A. When I go into database B it asks me if I want to map. When I say yes, I go through the list of fields and find the field I have added. It appears in the left hand column titled "Field in B APR." However on the right hand column, it is blank. What have I done wrong? I need to join fields and cannot.

Just adding a field won't cause the mapping dialog to display. If the field wasn't ever used in apr B, Approach won't bother you about it.

I suspect you have changed the definition of or deleted another field that was in use by B. Go through the dialog again carefully and see if there are two fields of the same name that don't have an arrow between them. This would indicate you changed the data type of a field (for example) and Approach wants confirmation that the old field is to be mapped to the new.

If you cancel the mapping dialog then don't save the apr over itself unless you have a backup copy. Any unmapped fields will change to "no field reference" and you have to go through the whole apr and fix them by hand.

Paul Bent
Northwind IT Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back