Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mapping windows network drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordrich

IS-IT--Management
Jul 7, 2003
GB
Hi,
I'm trying to get our netware workstations to map their o drive to a windows 2000 share (//server/sys).
I've put "net map o: //server/sys" into a batch file which the login script calls, but I get an error message saying "you must be logged in to run this command".
How do I setup the map correctly? All workstations are running windows 98.

Command should read NET USE not NET MAP. COmmand should be:

NET USE O: \\W2KSERVER\SHARENAME

where W2KSERVER is the name of the server and SHARENAME is the name of the share on the W2k server. Using Windows 98, the usernames and passwords should all be synchronised across NetWare and the W2k server otherwise the drive will not map.

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Sorry, yes that should have been net use and not net map. I've also come up with a way of doing it, although it's not ideal.
The login script runs a batch script which copys another batch script into c:\windows\start menu\startup. That batch file in startup runs after the secondary win2k logon has run.
It means users have to close two finished dos boxes the next time they logon, one in future, but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back