Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mapping users with BOXI Release 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessebo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2001
US
Hi,
We currently have a Crystal Enterprise 9 installation and will be upgrading to Business Objects XI Release2. We currently use NT Authentication in CE9 and are going to use Windows AD Authentication in BOXI Release 2.
I want the users to map correctly when I perform the Import Wizard to move over my users from CE9 to BOXI R2.I'm a little confused as to the order of things. It appears that I must do this:
1) Create a Windows AD Group and move all users from Crystal NT Users Group into this group.
2)Create a domain user account on the AD server for Business Objects to use for authenticating this AD Group.
3) Fill out the appropriate information in the Manage Authentication section under Windows AD.
4) Then I import all users and they should map correctly?

Any help with anyone who has already done this woudl be appreciated. I'm also interested in what security the Domain user account needs to have in order to do the authentication.

Thanks,
Bessebo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back