Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mapping NT workstation drives to Windows95 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

caitsdeo

Programmer
May 25, 1999
US
How do I map a NT workstations shared drives to a Windows 95 system? I can map server drives but I'm having trouble doing the same for a workstation.

It SHOULD work the same way, however you need to check the access permissions are right as the Win95 user will have perms assigned by the server which may be different to the workstation user rights.<br>
<br>
To test, create a workstation share with everyone rights and try mapping that. Check that the protocols are matching or you will have problems. Check that the workstation is able to share files (i.e. act as a server). Then browse the Net Nei. If it is not there, try a shortcut on the desktop of the 95 machine to \\workstationname\sharepoint.

Windows 95 and Windows NT are basically designed to run hand and hand, should work the same.

Thanks for the replys. Zelandakh was on the right track. I found that the 95 user needed to have accounts on the local workstations. Having domain accounts for the users wasn't enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back