Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mapping drives via wireless/access point

Status
Not open for further replies.

sepia

Programmer
May 18, 2001
US
Hi all. My current home network consist of Linksys 4-port wired router and Belkin access point which my cable modem is connected to the router. I have one desktop and 3 laptops that access the internet thru the access point. I'm attempting to map a drive from a laptop to another laptop or the desktop but not successful. Can anyone here tell me the proper way of mapping via a access point? Thanks.

To my knowledge, mapping a drive through an access point is the same as accessing through a wired connection. Can the computers see each other? If so, then go to my computer/tools/map network drive. Assign it a drive letter, then browse to my network places/entire network/microsoft windows network then select the drive. Also, sharing will have to be enabled on specific files/folders on the computer hosting the file. Hope this helps.

In case you still need an answer...

Is "AP Isolation" enabled on your access point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back