Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mapped share error no disk space or too many files open problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

4dluvofit

MIS
May 5, 2005
GB
Hi, i have searched for over 3 hours for something relating to my problem, but only found things that was close,but not quite there..so forgive if there is a relevant thread to my problem.
Scenario
8 user sbs2003 NOS network, basic HP Fileserver with standard 5 disk raid, structured cabling, all users accessing one shared directory, plenty of space. All workstations running XP pro AVG installed.

problem
One user profile this morning reported cannot save to server share directory, error: No Disk Space or Too Many Files Open.
All other users working away happily,
removed mapped drive and re-connected, same thing.
logged in as another user can save to share no problem.
turned off AVG still cant save. No change to users profile since friday, and the share is full control to users.
Created another small doc still same problem, even a text file. tried other apps and same thing.
ok i,m lost...any ideas what direction i can take to resolve.
i know i have not removed profile as last resort, but i would like to try and see why this has happened before this. any help appreciated.

Are the quotas enable on the SBS box ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

ok looks like i have to re-assess my understanding of the disk quotas.
you was correct however i did not realise it could affect one person on a universal settings.
live and learn i suppose.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back