Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mapped Network Drive in ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgithens

Technical User
Apr 4, 2002
US
I have a 40 GB Snap Server and have 15 machines that all map a drive letter to the file server. Machines range from 95 to XP Pro. All have been working fine, but one user with ME saved a file to a directory on the Snap and it was not visible to other users, regardless of OS. From the ME machine I attached the saved file to an email and emailed it to a 98 user and saved it to the same location, now it was visible to all users. I saved a file from an XP machine and it was not visible to the ME machine but was visible to a 98 machine.

I circumvented the problem by remapping the drive on the ME machine from //snap/share/folder to //snap/share. (in 98 you are forced to do the latter, but XP doesn't care how deep you map) I am not sure why this made the difference, but more importantly - how in the world was this working??

I don't have any more ME machines and hopefully this one will be formatted before too long, but if this has been happening all along, where are those files stored??

[afro2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back