Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mapped Drives on server 2012 not showing up on Win 7 Pro Pcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwica

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2003
US
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, I cant actually find one matching my issue. I have a windows lan running 3 server 2012s (2 are DCs and the 3rd is just a file server)The clients are all Win7 Pro 64 bit pcs.

The clients all have login scripts that map them to appropriate network drives on the servers with out any issue (had these scripts for years), until now that is.
The clients have no issues mapping to the 2012s that are DCs, but now when I try and add new lines to the login scripts to map shared folders on the 2012 file server, they just plain dont show up (well on some pcs they do and others they dont) The lines in question that dont map are the ones mapped to htoa2012file

heres a copy of the login script
@echo off
net use t: "\\2ndhtoa2012\TimePilot"
net use f: "\\htoa2003server\FM Files"
net use p: "\\htoa2012file\!Shares\Barb"
net use y: "\\htoanas-ts412u\employees"
net use h: "\\192.168.100.200\!Shares\htoa certs"
net use w: "\\htoa2012file\!Shares\Web Design"
net use k: "\\htoa2012file\!Shares\andrea"
net use s: "\\htoanas-ts412u\Sales Dept"
net use x: "\\htoanas-ts412u\hpsilvgoldsales"
net use m: "\\htoanas-ts412u\managers"

The drives are shared correctly and I have no issues mapping to the folders via the map network drive option in explore so it cant be a permissions issue. Anybody have any ideas why my mapped drives to this 2012 server dont show up from the login script?

cheers

"Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Hi

Can you tell me the function of the ! in the drive mapping statement please?

net use p: "\\htoa2012file\!Shares\Barb"

I have Windows 7 clients connecting to 2012 file shares without any issue but I map the drives through group policy so wondering what the function of the ! is?

Bob

Fast, Cheap and Good pick two because if it's fast and cheap it won't be good, if it's cheap and good it won't be fast and if it's fast and good it won't be cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back