Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mapped drives Issue! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BalAncE7

Programmer
Nov 26, 2002
US
I'm running a Perl script to retrieve audit information from our servers on mapped networked drives, when I run it from the console or maually it works fine! When I try to automate it as a scheduled task I'm having conflicts! I admin these these machines through terminal services, I think these drives might be mapped only for a specific session! Is there a way to map them system wide?

Thx- BalAncE

When a Job is started by the SQL Agent it runs with its own credentials and does not recognize drives mapped in the console session on the server. Can you use the UNC address - \\server\share\path to get the info? How about running the tasks from the Windows scheduler rather than using the SQL Server agent? Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
Computing Links:
faq183-874 contains "Suggestions for Getting Quick and Appropriate Answers" to your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back