Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mapped Drive Problem: Inconsistency

Status
Not open for further replies.

welshwizard1981

Technical User
Sep 5, 2005
GB
Morning all,

I seem to have a problem finding my shared folders on my network. There are six folders in total, and most of the client pc's are showing the server but then different folders available on the server itself. For example:

All client pc's should show the following folders: Public, Apps, Hexagon, Users, Custom, Tools

My pc shows four: Public, Apps, Users, Hexagon.

My colleagues computer shows: Custom.

Any ideas on how to solve this would be appreciated.

Make one share and put the folders in it and map one netwrok drive to it-- > net use h: \\servername\sharename.
This way any user sees any map.

Regards

Lars.

Network admin for worldwide freight forwarders company.
mcp mcsa\: Messaging mcse -2003

Thanks for your reply Lars, I see what your saying, but thats not where the problem lies. There must be a reason why the pc's are seeing different connections available.

I'll guess this is something about wins wins is makeing thing like that visible in your network, netbios handles browsing shares and stuff try installing wins that will help you out.

Lars

Network admin for worldwide freight forwarders company.
mcp mcsa\: Messaging mcse -2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back