Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mapped drive/permission problem - XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

finbib

IS-IT--Management
Aug 12, 2002
US
I have an XP Pro desktop acting as an app server, and the app uses an Access 2000 database. I'm trying to install the client software (on a brand new XP Pro desktop) to access the database on the server.

I've mapped a drive to the folder where the database resides, and used the mapping to point the client install to the right place. It denies me access every time, saying the folder is write protected. I've got everyone -> full control as the permission on the folder right now.

I backed out of the client install, and instead went to My Network Places on the client machine. I opened up the mapped drive, and tried to create a folder, and I was denied access.

The user I am logged in as has admin rights as well.

I looked at thread779-834029 as reference, and checked out the 5 tips listed there. Everything is set up as it should be, but I'm still denied access.

Anyone have any other ideas?

TIA,

Bob

finbib,

What exactly is the error message?

I promise you that the gang here can resolve your issue, but please specify exactly the error message you are receiving.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back