Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mapped Drive does not appear in My Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriswoo

Technical User
Nov 8, 2001
GB
I have a problem where a user logs on (usually a Monday morning following a full power off) and the logon script runs and maps two drives. When he opens My Computer or Explorer one of the mapped drives doesn't show but it has mapped because if you Disconnect Mapped Drive it is there, if you 'Save As' it is there and if you attempt to map the drive again to the same letter it says Drive Letter in use. There are no abnormal entries in the Event Log. i can't find anything similar from web searches. Has anyone come across this problem before? thanks for reading!

When this happens, what does net use from a command prompt show?

Is shows that the drive (s) is mapped as expected.

What happens if you map it with a different drive letter? Can you show us your batch file? Have you tried running the /delete switch at the beginning of the script before mapping the drive?

If it's actually working OK, it sounds like the Windows Explorer GUI just isn't displaying properly. Does a 'Refresh' (F5) in the My Computer window cause the mapped drive to show?

Is there any drive letter conflicting between attached removable drives and your mapped drive?

There are no removable drives attached and i have tried refreshing the view. The batch file is used across the board and nobody else has reported a problem. I will create a new batch file to include the line - net use * /delete /yes and see if this helps. Thanks for all you suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back