Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mapped drive disconnected over night - error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hap007

MIS
Mar 21, 2003
US
I have a User who is getting an error message and I need some help
I know a little about system security and servers to be dangerous.

Windows 2008 server, users all connect up, no problems.
If they leave their workstations on over night, then when the users first access the network mapped drives in the morning, the networked drives are disconnected and the users receive error message
'U:' drive inaccessible Server may have been compromised, security compromised from authenticated user

Now, if the user reboots their PC/workstation, all is ok
If the user opens my computer window and drills down on the U drive 2 times, first time it gives the error message, second time it connects and all is ok.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what setting needs to be revised on the server to correct this issue/message?

FYI, the wording of the error message is not exact. I have asked them to write down exact message tomorrow.

Thanks,
Hap...

Access Developer [pc] Access based Accounting Solutions - with free source code
Access Consultants forum

I have a few questions.....

1. How is the drive mapped - manually or via Group Policy?
2. What client - XP, 7, other?
3. All users or just some?

Hi,

Thanks for getting back

1) I believe it is group policy
2) XP
3) Yes, all users

If they leave the PC on overnight, they get the error when accessing the drive in the morning

If they log off and back on, then the drive is connected ok.

When I connect remotely, using LogMeIn, it is just like they logged off and on, so I can not see the error first hand, only what they tell me.

Thanks,
Hap...

Access Developer [pc] Access based Accounting Solutions - with free source code
Access Consultants forum

HAP007

Hap I have the same exact problem so I wanted to know how you resolved the problem ?

MArc

when you connect a drive using group policy and if you computer goes to sleep or hibernated then the map drives will not work user needs to to logout and log back in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back