Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAPISEND and Outlook 2003- Exchange server

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryptotech

Technical User
Nov 9, 2007
US
I've read through what posts I could find, and it seems to work for some although I can not get it to work.

Seems the mail logon has been an issue for some.
I checked the Outlook profile it just shows the name as

Scooter, Bubba Q.

I saw a post stating that's not the actual name to use so I'm not sure if its right or not.

When I launch the script I get a blank errormsg box so I don't know what the error is.
If I highlight some text in the terminal window and select Copy to MAPI Mail, a new message window will appear
with the highlighted text in the message body.

Any hints would be appreciated, thanks.

Here is the script:

proc main

string sMailLogon = "Scooter, Bubba Q."
string sMailPassword = ""
string sTo = "abc@xyz.net"
string sCC = ""
string sBCC = ""
string sSubject = "test"
string sContents = "mapisend test"
string sAttach = ""
string sMailError

mapisend sMailLogon sMailPassword sTo sCC sBCC sSubject FILE sContents sAttach sMailError

if SUCCESS
usermsg "Data Sent"
else
errormsg "%s" sMailError
endif

ENDPROC

Unfortunately, I have not had much luck with mapisend with later versions of Outlook and have not really returned to the scene of the crime to figure out what is going on. What I have been doing since then is using sendkey and sendkeystr to manually open Outlook dialogs and fill the various fields manually. I don't think I have an example on my site, but may have posted it here in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back