Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mapi spooler started

Status
Not open for further replies.

szander

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2003
US
My problem is -

Our CFO has an email in his outbox that never gets sent. If i try to delete it i get the message "MAPI spooler has already begun transmitting this message" and an error number 0x80040114.

How can i delete this message? I can't see MAPI in services, tried detect & repair.

It is a W2K workstation using an external ISP for mail.

I just had the exact same problem. I determined that the problem appeared to be some corruption in the PST file. After numerous unsecussful attempts to correct this I finally restored a two month old backup of my PST file.

Then the fun began. To get back my last two months of e-mails back here is what I had to do: I imported all of my Outlook 2000 messages into Outlook Express 6 (from the corrupt PST file). Then I deleted all but the last two months worth in OE6. Then I exported my OE6 messages back into my 2 month old PST file in Outlook. Now life is good again.

I know this sounds like a hard way to fix the problem but it is the only way I could get everything restored and working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back