Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAPI Session Handle Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpder

Technical User
Sep 22, 2002
AU
I have a laptop running XP2 SP2. I have installed Groupwise 7.0.1.When I try and create a new email I get a message "MAPI Session Handle of the Novell Groupwise Object Request Broker could not be accessed. The address book cannot run"

I have uninstalled the Groupwise client and even used a cleaning agent to completely uninstall Groupwise before reinstalling. I still have the same problem.

I hope there is someone who can suggest a solution to this problem.

Thanks for your suggestion. I looked at the thread which suggested I needed to install Windows messaging. I did this using NTWMS.EXE

I then reinstalled Groupwise but still get the same problem.

Check the mapi32.dll in Windows/system32. It has to be about 620KBit. If not, copy a mapi32.dll from another PC. Close all GroupWise Applications and restart the GroupWise Client.

Thanks for your response.
I solved the problem by installing Microsoft Messaging. problem solved (although I do not understand why it was not already installed).

alpder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back