Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mapi problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redmike

Technical User
Feb 25, 2002
IL
Hi,

'mail recipient' was inoperative on the right click 'send to' menu but I fixed that with the help of ...

However 'email' is still grayed out in MS Word and in others of my programs that I've checked.

About 3 weeks ago I had a nasty virus which deleted some registry entries and I thought that I'd fixed them all but the above may be as a result of some damage that I didn't notice until now.

Any help or ideas would be appreicated.

thanks

Michael

Are you using OE as the mail client or Outlook? Is Outlook installed? I don't have a non-outlook machine availble to check (so maybe someone else can) - is the email option availbe in office programs if Outlook is not installed?

OE and I don't have Outlook installed.

I just checked Adobe and that works when I click on the send mail tab.

I have a capture program called Snag-It installed and the button is grayed out.

Be crazy if I have to install Outlook (I have it on the CD) just to get the mail tabs to work ?!

thanks for the post

It would seem that Outlook has to be installed.

I didn't install the whole thing just 'messaging' and now i can send from Word. Not that I particularly want to but I don't like things that appear to be seemingly simple problems as they may me only the tip of the iceberg.

thanks

for the help

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back