Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAPI: freezed outbound mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePooka

Programmer
May 26, 2003
IT
Hi all, this is my problem:

I'm working on Embedded Visual C++ 3.0 (a VC subsytem aimed to WinCE); i asked myself twice before posting here, but i think this is a question regarding in big part VC++ and MAPI system so i decided for this forum.
I've developed a DLL that i use to create and send email in an evb application running on a pocketPC2002 (embedded visual basic). I've taken the main part of the code from a Microsoft article about a VOMapi class, that follow this line:
- Istantiate a Session Object
- Open a Message Store (the default is MS Active Sync, but there is a function to select another one -- in my case, "POP3")
- Create the email, filling in Body, Subject and To fields and setting the UNREAD property
- Submit the mail, using the SubmitMessage method of the IMessage interface

After this steps i can find the created mail in the outbox folder of my "POP3" Message Store (it's unread, as it should be), but when i make a connection to GPRS network it's like freezed; if instead i open this message, click on the "Send" button and make a connection again, the mail is sent correctly.

I've done a lot of searches, but i found useful notes only in the msdn library; after SubmitMessage() the mail should be passed to Transport Service Provider that works with MAPI Spooler to give the control of it to Underlaying Messaging System directly (this could take some time, but i've left a message waiting for about 3 hours!! :) )
I'm reading about a MAPI Support Object (the IMAPISup) which has some interesting methods like "SpoolerNotify", but i can't understand how to get one...(even if these function could help...i'm not sure...)

I hope anyone could help me, thanks in advance

best regards

Fra

PS: sorry for bad english, i'm planning to spend some time in London on somwhere in USA to learn more as soon as possible! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back