Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAPI error in Call Pilot 5.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollandho

MIS
Jun 8, 2006
CA
Hello: We have just finished installing Callpilot 5.0 along with MyCallPilot 5. We are trying to incorporate our CallPilot Inbox into our Outlook Inbox and everytime I try it I get an error stating "The MAPI Spooler has shut down unexpectedly. Close all mail enabled applications before attempting to log on again." I then change back in the Mail tab under the Deliver to options. Obviously there is something we are overlooking and I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks in advance

Is this an option that you saw in the books?

We are trying to incorporate our CallPilot Inbox into our Outlook Inbox and everytime I try it I get an error stating "The MAPI Spooler has shut down unexpectedly

Triton101...i had to do it.that was great here is your
star...

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

In the 5.0 class I took in Richardson, I thought they said that it is possible to eliminate the Call Pilot Inbox and have it all in one. Agreed, we drank beer and oogled the waitresses at Bonedaddy's for lunch, but I thought that's what he said.

Adversity is Opportunity

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Bonedaddy's. I can't help at all with the problem at hand but I'm willing to go back to Bonedaddy's and talk about it.

If my boss will get me a plane ticket.

I am running the single in box and not having MAPI errors.
We are having some issues with not being able to send wav to non CP users.That problem is supposed to be fixed with the new release of the CP manager client. I will let you know. Check to see if you have the newest client.

NARSBARS

We were told (obviously in hindsight the guy was a salesman) that this is a do-able request. We are running CallPilot ver 5.00.41.20 and MyCallPilot ver 5.00.41.10. In OUTLOOK under TOOLS/SERVICES/CallPilotDesktopmessaging/Properties. Under the MAIL tab there is a DELIVER TO with a dropdown box that has CALLPILOT inbox (seperate from email) and EMAIL inbox (combined with email) I choose the Email and I get MAPI errors. I would really rather be at BoneDaddys also oogling but hey reality says I must do this instead

I just wanted to add that I see this capability in documentation NN44200-103_01.03_UG.pdf. This is directly off the CallPilot 5.0 CD

Real basics. Have you gone to Outlook, tools, email accounts, and is all the info there for CPilot? Vpim shortcut, Server Mailbox etc?

NARSBARS

yup, looks like page 46/47....

(BTW, hollandho, I was being honest, wanted to check it out in the books...had a cust ask me once, guess it's supposed to be a new feature of ver 5)

Did you choose the option during intallation of DESKTOP Messaging at all?

Also verify if you have certain ports blocked:
PROTOCOL NORMAL SSL
IMAP 143 993
SMTP 25 465
LDAP 389 636
HTTP 80 443
FTP 21

NARSBARS - I have been in OUTLOOK many times, everything is good on that side

Triton101 - No problem. I chose the option both ways and got the same results. No ports are being blocked either.

Hi all: Just a FYI on this one. I have our support people coming in to do an update on all patches and peps that they can find. I did get the desktop 5.00.41.17 installed but no change on that side. I will keep this up to date.

Latest update - Patches, Peps and service pak installed but I still cannot combine inboxes. Still looking but I will take any tips also.

hollandho..whta is your operating system on your
desktops you are trying this application on?

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Strmwalker - I am running XP as most of us are here. There may be an odd 2000 around. Also I am using Outlook 2000 with SP3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back