Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAPI client error

Status
Not open for further replies.

shabmama

IS-IT--Management
May 27, 2004
GB
Hi there,

When i try to log on to another user's mailbox while logged on to the Microsoft Windows NT domain with an account that does not have permissions for the other user's mailbox, i receive the following error messages (even though i enter valid credentials for the other user's mailbox when prompted): • Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You do not have permission to log on.Would you like to open your default File System folder instead?

This is only when i use MAPI client (outlook 2003) it works fine with HTTP.Is there anyway i can open a different mailbox but logged on to NT with a different a/c.

One morething is it works fine if the i log on to NT and the mailbox is of the same user.

Is there anyway i can login with a different id and open another users mailbox through outlook

Thanks,
SHabbir

In AD users and computers, under Exchange Advanced, give the other account permissions to that mailbox. Then the other account can access the mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back