Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MapD Number of Messages per Second?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikej97204

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2005
US
Our company has been using the MapD as the interface between our PBX and our CTI application server for over 7 years now. We'd like to get off of it but there are some version issues with our PBX that the CTI developer says would be very difficult (and expensive for us) to over come. We are currently on a G3r ver 9.5 and recently started getting some time out errors when our agents have tried to place out going calls. The CTI developer says that we are starting to max out the MapD's 30 message per second limitation. I knew that at 10 mps that the MapD wasn't a speed demon, but I didn't realize that it had a 30 message per second limitation. The time outs occur under high call volume and when we have a full staff of agents logged in. So now I'm trying to find a work around that will let us get through the after holidays rush and find a way to get off the MapD completely (I posted another question about that in a seperate thread).

My question is if this is true about the 30 messages per second limitation of the MapD? If it is true, is it 30 messages for the whole MapD or each channel? in other words, if we have another CTI server connected to another channel of the MapD will that affect both of them or can each have 30 messages per second?

I do find it hard to believe that the 3600 or so inbound and outbound calls we do in an hour would tax the MapD that much. There had to be larger call centers using the MapD back with it was at it's prime, but maybe there were other alternatives 10 or 15 years ago for call centers to not run into this problem.

So has anyone heard of message limitations on the MapD?

Thanks

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back