Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Map Windows drive at IPO SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoTajkun

Technical User
Feb 15, 2017
HR
Hi all.
To investigate issue which appears very rarely I need to log larger amount of SIP traffic including RTP. At IPO SE is available Packet Capture capability but with very limited amount of captured packets. I have to capture traffic for maybe few days thus will utilize few Gigs of storage space (depends of traffic). Thus idea is to map Windows drive at IPO SE and with tcpdump collect SIP traffic. But could not mount windows drive due error - "mount error(112) host is down". I manage to map and collect tcpdump to same Windows PC from frepbx (debian) machine without problem thus everything is fine at win PC and ntw side.
IPO SE is at 11.0.4 (CentOS release 6.10). Search over net for solution but any of posted solution for "mount error(112) host is down" did not solve the problem. At IPO SE FW is disabled (Settings-System).
Any idea what could be root cause and solution?

APDS - Avaya Midmarket Solutions
AIPS - Avaya IP Office™ Platform
ACSS - Avaya IP Office™ Platform

I am pretty sure the Samba protocol has been crippled in IPO R11 for security reasons.

You may have better luck with the SFTP protocol.

Similar situation when implementing Xima call reporter. Earlier the solution was to do a drive map with SAMBA. In R11 that no longer works, so the solution is to use active recording ( not applicable here ), or SSH/SFTP.

Here is link to a utility for Windows that will let you mount drives via ssh.

Good luck.

Why not using monitor in verbose mode to capture SIP issues?

@Travis Harper
thx for hint but unfortunately no luck - seems that centos for IPOSE is crippled to the bones. Could not be install anything either by yum or downloaded rpms (missing dependences, compiler). At least I did not manage to.

@Okkie26 tnx for replay.
Monitor will be great option if it can capture SIP messages including RTP packet in the way that dumped packets could be opened and analyzed with Wireshark.
Request is to play RTP stream from captured data.
If anybody have idea is it and how possible please share.
Regards.

@LegoTajkun.

Do you actually need to install anything on the CentOS box?
SSH is already enabled on it.

You only need to install SSHFS on the local computer you want to mount the drive on.

I do this all the time, but I use a Mac.

I installed SSHFS on my Mac.
Now I use the sshfs command to mount a remote folder locally on my Mac.
I use the command from terminal on my Mac.. sudo sshfs -o allow_other,defer_permissions Administrator@192.168.0.242:/opt/Avaya /home/trapper/Avaya_IPO_Primary

I created the folder Avaya_IPO_Primary on my Mac ahead of time..

Anyway, when I run the command, I am Prompted for the Administrator password on the IP Office, and bingo.. I have access to the /opt/Avaya folder on my Mac.

All you need to do is install the sshfs file system on your Windows box, then Skip down to the section:
Using Win-SSHFS to Mount Remote File Systems on Windows

Cheers!

Avaya is sitting on Red Hat version of Centos which means it's locked down for security reasons so no "yum".

If you are good at powershell you should be able to pull logs from the server no need to install anything on it.

Hi all.
Travis Harper, Okkie26, derfloh, bahmonkeys really appreciate your contribution.

Although initial idea was to mount external drive (located on Win PC) to IPO SE thus not utilize HDD resources at IPO SE, all you give new perspective to problem/solution.

TAP device - find how to compose "home made" version:
Going to make one. It is great "SwisTool" gadget :-D
(particularly in case when switch mirroring is not an option)

Mounting IPO SE file system on Win PC - work like a charm :)

Good to know that as IPO SE is so locked down and crippled that there is no point to try make any addition/change on OS level. Beside the fact that Avaya Support probably, if find out that even some tiny thing is changed would refuse Support Request.

SO, as only way is to mount IPO SE file system on other machine (Win,Mac,..) to easily get files from IPO SE I still wonder one thing. It is related to original intention to collect and store larger amount SIP traffic including RTP (talking about few Gigs). Emphasizing, that solutions, which will be preferable for such task, like port mirroring and TAP device in this case are not likely to realized.

Concern...
Is it sustainable from IPO SE to locally run tcpdump for longer period (more days) to collect dump log (few GB)? Could that (significantly) decrease original purpose of IPO SE?
Like to hear opinions.

Thank you in advance.
Cheers.

If it's a virtual machine you could always add an extra disk and mount that like you would with Media Manager, you could also mount a USB drive.

CentOS is like Fedora an open-source version of RedHat, the reason yum isn't included is that when you distribute applications on server images you don't want users to install their own applications, as well as update existing components.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

You can install a syslog logger or setup an SNMP trap to log traffic externally, this is all something that Avaya offer bu default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back